One thing I realized recently (that would be 're-realized' if such a word
existed) was that you can stop 99% of your records jumping by correctly
setting the tone arm!

I mean the screw-mounted weight at the end of the tone arm. Often, the
actual cart will indicate the correct setting to which the weight should be
calibrated - meaning the numeric dial also on this weight. If not, a rough
guide is simply to set the gauge to zero, i.e flush with the end of the arm,
at which point the arm should balance horizontally if you've got the up/down
lever in the 'up' position.

Try it.

In this way, all my NSC-pressed techno tracks which have jumped for years,
and others, no longer do so.

F*'@$kin' ace!