hmm.... Loopy or not it's all good depending on the mood I'm in. for the most part I enjoy most all of UR's releases. I guess you could say I like the soulful rhythmatic detroit sound. Detroit has a certain vibe that comes through in it's music, from motown to techno to detroit house and hip hop(hip hop, not eminem). I have never been a big fan of mills mainly because he lacks the sound I LIKE. About techno advancement, well whether it is or isn't, it still has some incredible songs left in it. Look at "Blackwater", Octave one's best release to date. Look at Los Hermanos, Rolando obviously has a view on future techno.. Both of his releases so far are ranking in my all time favs, as well as jaguar. While moodymann might not be considered "techno", he is still one of my favs as well and is probably one of the most talented MUSICIANS to come out of the D alongside Craig. Sure there is a lot of crap coming out today, But that comes with technology. If you want, I can have a piece of crap loop track ready for you in 30 mins without getting up or touching a keybord or sampler. along with the crap there is still good music coming out, just not as much as the crap. well I think I've said enough and probably didn't need to say anything, this string will never end.

-Joe