Francois K played here in Copenhagen last weekend and was on his PowerBook G4 most of the night. I was very happy to hear him, but was a bit disappointed over all. Granted, my expectations of him are always high, as I have greatly enjoy his sets that I've heard previously (with DK & JC for Body & Soul normally).

The G4 was on a table next to him that wasn't facing the audience, so neither was he for a lot of the night. He played very few records over the 3 1/2 hour set - never two at one time (ie, no mixing between turntables). I thought it took away from the night, that he was mostly off in a corner staring at his screen. He was working the EQ's and his effects a bit, generally with good outcome, but not nearly as much as when I have seen him in the past. I wouldn't completely blame him though, as the crowd wasn't much to work with.

At any rate, it was a better night than Copenhagen usually gets, but the laptop gets thumbs down from me.

On a side note, I tried out my new etymotic musican's earplugs that I had fitted recently and am very happy with them! My ears were far less fatigued, than they normally would be, after 3 1/2 hours on the floor, and they beat the pants off of other hearing protection. It was great to be able to lower it to a reasonable level without destroying the sound. I highly recommend them to anyone who doesn't already have a pair.

Brent