Surgeon is by far my favorite european techno producer.  Everything he touches
is pure gold.  I celebrate his entire dynamic tension, and counter balance
catalogue, plus his releases on downwards, his remixes on labels such as
peacefrog, and tons of others.  His dj sets are fantastic as well, and he
inspired me to often pull a "counter balance workout", while djing, the tracks
mix themselves flawlessly into each other.  Plus, two copies of any of his
records always set the crowd off.  Plus on a lot of both the counter balance,
and dynamic tension releases, the b-sides usually offer at least one detroit
inspired track, usually full of ambience, chords, and subtle percussive shifts.
He is uncomparable to any other techno dj, when a track of his is dropped, you
know it's a Surgeon track.
-Andy