If you buy a record and digitize it for yourself who cares. At least he
still bought the record instead of stealing it straight up. Now if he
downloaded the record and sold the wav files to people that¹s stealing.

I myself would never dump my records. I plan the hoard all my records till
the day I die or run out of money ')