> The Chuggles 'I Remember Dance' really did a great job of
> staying faithful to the original and providing some nice
> variants to it through all of the different versions.
> How does the UGE4 treatment compare? This was one of the first
> Chicago house records to ever find its way into my heart, so I
> hope UGE4 gives it a nice treatment. If not, I'll be caning Chuggles
> and Remembering Dance all summer.

Well the Ugly Edit is much more like the original (if that's the one in the Ron
Hardy mix I heard) and is probably 15-20 years older than the Chuggles remake
obviously so doesn't have that trademark Ron and Chez deep electronics
underneath it, house music 'beats' and additional prescription trademark
production (so to speak).  The original has an electric guitar solo and now I
can't remember if that made it into Theo's Re-Edit or not.  In the Ugly Edit
There's no housey kickdrum or those high cool filtered cymbal and clap sounds.
It sounds more like an old Dells track than a new house track, which I
personally think is appropriate.

In short one is not a substitute for the other, the Chuggles sounds like a 90's
house track with a Dells sample.. there's less of the Dells in it and more of
Ron and Chez.  Whereas Theo's edit sounds a lot more like the original to me,
there's less (if any) "additional production" in it, so to speak. (that I can
tell anyway, maybe it's quantized better?  ha ha).

I too have ground down my copy of "I remember dance" over the years... I play
the version with the really long intro of highs/snaps where the kick doesn't
come in for like 3 minutes or something, you can mix it in for ages, then when
the kick finally drops in it's massive.

I've not ever heard of this Kid Dynamite thing that others mentioned... so
sorry can't comment on that.

Hope that helps,
Matt MacQueen