Quick note to say checked out Theo Parrish at the Sound Signature
'residency'(?) Sunday night in Detroit -- the Instant Vintage night at Fifth
Avenue.  Dan Sicko and I popped down to 2100 Woodward, it's basically the a new
bar in the corner of comerica park, a dimly lit lounge/bar area with laid back
tables, chairs, and some pool tables in the back, little candles all over.
Only $3 to get in...

Nice bar/space and Theo was laying it down thick with decks set up on the stage
and crates of wax spilling out everywhere.  Good turnout for a Sunday night -
the heads turned up and lots of groovers coming in the later it got, filled up
by midnight and a nice spacious dancefloor.  He was dropping all kinds of older
stuff incl. Gil Scott Heron "the bottle", Peter Brown "do ya wanna get funky"
and one of my favorite Prince cuts of all time "the ballad of dorothy parker"
... man...  Kenny Dixon Jr. rolled in later to take it in and a good vibes all
around.

The hometown crowd was up for it (plenty of little cuties too) and again a
great opportunity to boogie down with mixed ages and races, from uptempo to
laid back, quite a spectrum and a nice little intimate gathering for One Nation
Under A Groove.  I don't know how regular he is playing with Instant Vingate
but one to look out for if you happen to be in the mood.

peace,
Matt MacQueen