On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Andrew wrote:

> Anyone else a fan of Bitstream? Not heard their one on Signal?? I got
> this one (Modern Love 001) on Saturday, and it fairly blinding, the
> lead track is a real peak-time uplifting electro affair, whilst the
> other tracks are by turns funky, inventive, and scary.

  I've been following the Conner brothers' ouput ever since I was
introduced to them via the Signal label. On Signal they have released
three 12"s, two as Bitstream and one as The Monsters From ID.

> I did hear one of theirs which wasn't all that (orange label, can't remember)
> but I definitely think these guys are one to watch. Apologies if they've
> already been discussed.

  The orange labeled one is on Pylon, their own label, the release is
named Retreat Pod. Besides the Modern Love release (Radiotherapy), there
is a 7" on City Centre Offices as well, Crab Nebula. They have also
appeared on Groovetech's Groovetechnology 1.3 compilation with the track
Monolith.

  I heartily recommend everyone to check them out, absolutely blinding.

  Cheers,
--
nuutti-iivari meriläinen   gordon at diversion dot org
http colon slash slash www dot diversion dot org slash