From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 17 April 2003 9:15 a.m.
To: spw
Cc: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) 313 geek culture

Is this a paid position? Do I get vacation time? I can't work on Tuesdays
and Thursdays past 5pm and I need a window desk because of this eye
condition I have. What kind of health care benefits are you offering? I
just thought I'd let you know that Johnson down in accounting is stealing
pencils and taking longer than his allotted hour long break.

MEK

                      spw

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       <313@hyperreal.org>

                      gy.net>                  cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: (313) 313 geek
culture
                      04/16/03 01:38 PM

on 4/15/03 10:11 PM, Matthew MacQueen at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:

>> not really, in fact it probably wouldnt take a lot of time
>> out of anyones busy scheduale.
>
> great idea steve, you doing this will really help out list and keep the
rest
> of us informed.  we'll be looking for you to have a rough version 1.0 of
this
> weeks list wrapped up by say, early next week?   Why not?
>
> cheers,
> matt macqueen

I did not volunteer, considerate it a free consulting service.
Qualified candidate's must be team player's with good organizational and
writing skills.
That would make me disqualified.
I also think it would be best to have a person who's in touch with the
Detroit scene, someone that has
good morale with Detroit artist and labels.

here is a quick way to compile information to create a comprehensive list
of
new releases:

Subscribe to record store stock list, one's that do a great job carrying
new
313 music.
I would subscribe to as many record store stock list as possible as to not
leave out any new releases.
Also it would be a good idea to subscribe to 313 record label newsletters
kepp informed about individual labels.

Copy and save the 313 artist/ label information to an archive which will
later be used to compiled to make a list, make sure you abbreviate the
record store name next to the release so the record store gets proper
credit
for lsiting that release.

For example:

Sonic Groove = SG
Record Time = RT
Submerge = Sub
Hardwax = HW

So one release listed can have numerous or multiple record store
abbreviations.
This tells people where they can find a particular record.
Be sure include the music medium such as CD, LP, EP, 12", 7" LMTD., ect...

You may also include the price next to the record store abbreviation but to
be on the safe side I
would put a disclaimer "prices may vary" next to: "not affiliated with
record stores, not responsible
for on online transactions, customer service, blah, blah, blah,
ect..ect..."

on 4/15/03 10:31 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Just remember to keep it going every
> week so that we don't miss a thing.

I'm a afraid that's not possible since most record store stock list are not
available on a weekly basis.
A bi-weekly or monthly list would be more realistic.