Well, you asked for it! Here you go! new 313 and 313
inspired as well as other dope records to check out:

Monobox - Molecule EP - Logistic

Rob Hood is back with a little preview for his album
on Logistic. This is a nice record for fans of classic
Rob. The cut many will dig, The Construct, is a
minimal space crusier track with minimal fills and
pro-1 action ala classic minimal nation style rob. The
B-side cut Realm 3 is dark with a delayed voice sample
and a nice lead part. I picked up the album Point
Blank on Peacefrog a while back but missed out on the
art of war 2X12" also on peacefrog...anyone got a
review of that one?

Tread - Tread 3 - Norm

Some of you may already be familiar with the gorgeous
music of Hiroshi Watanabe aka Kaito who has done 2 LPs
for Kompakt (Special Life & Special Love). This is the
3rd installment of which I had not previously heard
before. The Norm website shows there are 2 previous CD
volumes. If you like gorgeous deep techno, this is
something you need to pick up. This release is more
diverse than the ones he has done on Kompakt so expect
a nice surprise. It's among the best releases all year
and reminds you of some of the best Detroit Escalator
Co. songs as well as John Beltran's music. big TIP!

International Community - Vertigo - Laws of Motion

Gotta give it up to mr. Jason Brunton of Iridite for
this nice EP. The Phobia mix is my favorite and
definately the more deep of the 3 cuts. The mix goes
deep with dark pads and nice transitions throughout
the mix. Also recommended is Jason's other EP on Laws
of Motion the Looking Glass EP which was also released
within the last 2 months.

Putsch '79 - 1300 EP - Clone

The best Metro Area bite so far! And it's a good one!
Produced by Sami Liuski of Bangkok Impact and Pauli
Jythankangas. Really dope orchestration and nice
sparse instrumentation. Glowing Cat is my favorite cut
with a sweet bassline and nice simple rhodes melody.
Steam Engine is a nice chill sunday morning kinda tune
which will really remind you of some of the quirky
funky goofiness of Danny Wang's early Balihu records.
The title cut 1300 is a stompin' slow italo jacker
which will please those who enjoy the dark dutch disco
of Creme and Viewlexx. 3 great cuts which no one
should miss out on.

strapped for time but I'll just mention some other
records to check out that I have picked up lately that
come higly recommended:

Mesak - Haivenet - Klakson
Luke Eargoggle - Audio Warriors LP - Bunker
Al Usher - Slipshod EP - Out of the Loop
Joshua - Imagineairy EP - Tweekin
Rednose Distrikt - Gotta Make a Move - Kindred Spirits

also props to Jurren for an excellent chill mix. I
heard 40 minutes of it on Sunday and my connection
timed out argh! d*mn dialup! :P can I get a copy of
this Jurren?

=====
down low music       http://downlowmusic.org
UPCOMING 2003:
dL ltd tribute 12" dLpgccX
Polarius "Jams from the funk dump" dL009
Dan Curtin "distort.archive.desire" dL010
The Connection Machine "Painless" dLCMLP1