> Sundiatta also performed at one (or two???) of the DEMF's? I think he may
> have been the drummer who played with Derrick May at the first one, and
for
> some reason I recall something related to the Lost Poets???

The Last Poets you mean? Yeah... Umar Bin Hassan from the last poets went on
stage while derrick was playing "gumbo - submarine" (dance mania). And he
did this beautiful poem. Wich I think never got released on an lp...

And Sundiatta was drumming even when Derrick spun "bob azzam - batucada por
favor".
That´s like bringing your 909 on stage and playing the ride cymbal when a
track from MR G is playing...

If you know what I mean.

Cheers,
Maarten