----- Original Message -----
From: "mxll" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Phonopsia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
<313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 9:42 AM
Subject: Re: (313) bbeat

> - You couldn't JUSTIFY shelling out for a compilation whose profits goes
> to fight the
> spreading of A.I.D.S on the african continent ......
>  - that's sad .....
>
> henrik

Slow down. Hair-trigger acusations don't work well on email. You don't know
me or my motivations. I knew some of the previous Red, Hot + [...] were
charitable, but to be honest I didn't do any research into that at all - it
didn't even cross my mind at the time I was shopping (online). I simply
listened to the Bugz track which I'd heard on Worldwide, checked the others,
and found it hard to justify a price in excess of £20 if that ££ could go to
three + other slabs of wax. Obviously it's a good cause. You're reading a
little too much into my ignorance.

That said, I could probably do more for the fight against AIDS in Africa by
buying this single (getting a longer and louder pressing) and donating the
remainding £14+ to charity. Does anyone have real figures on the amount
donated via this major-label charity effort? I'd be interested to know how
effective it is. I'm not trying to slate it, but honestly if I was feeling
compelled to support *this* charity, I doubt my first action would be to buy
an overpriced record that didn't sell me on its own merit.

Tristan
=======
Text/Mixes: http://www.phonopsia.co.uk
Music: http://www.mp313.com