----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark S. Krüx" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "313" <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 9:25 PM
Subject: Re: (313) pepe bradock

> > > deep burnt track is almost the coolest song ever.
>
> You should check out Theo's Ugly Edits 3...the B-side has the original
> sample from Deep Burnt in it....lovely stuff!

Also two records on Soul Brother recently have featured versions of the
original, Freddie Hubbard's "Little Sunflower". One is the Freddie Hubbard
Anthology - the Soul Jazz fusion Years (oddly enough ;) and the other is the
Soul Brother Selection. Both come highly recommended. I was a bit
dissapointed when someone here pointed out that it was a sample a while
back, but having heard two of the original versions now, I have to say it
was a really excellent job of spotting and grabbing it. Brilliant song in
its own right of course. I think I prefer the Leon Thomas vocal on the Soul
Brother Selection to the Al Jarreau vocal on the Freddie Hubbard Anthology,
but both are nice!

Tristan
=======
Text/Mixes: http://www.phonopsia.co.uk