KJ wrote:
> On donderdag, apr 24, 2003, at 22:53 Europe/Amsterdam, Dennis Donohue
wrote:

>> KJ lamented: Ah queensday don't ya love it :)
>>
>> It's almost as great as Memorial Day :) :)
>
> Nah ain't nothing like it... waiting for Greg 'TechnoTourist west-coast
> divsion' Earle to kick on this, and confirm it :)

Who ... uhm ... wot ... me?  (Sorry, a week behind in 313 Digests ... again)

Can I be agnostic?  I love 'em both :)  (But they're very, very different)

Now what would be REALLY cool is if Detroit were like Amsterdam on
Queensday during Memorial Day weekend - i.e. a million people wandering
around the streets in downtown Detroit, people hawking wares on the sidewalks,
wearing silly inflatable orange crowns on their heads ... erm ... wait ...
I meant black and orange Tigers caps :)

Seriously, you haven't lived until you've been in Holland on Queensday.
Just the whole concept of a gazillion people out in the streets (and
not out there to protest a war or anything) having a great time (with
Techno and House sound systems on every other street corner/canal) is
mind boggling to this American.  I wish I could've gone this year ... (but
I just booked my DEMF flights/hotel instead.  Decisions, decisions ... )

        - Greg