The ears(mind) always adjust and fill in the blanks.

The trick is to repeat this using different formats/codecs

You could do the same visually. Have a woman walk past you in designer clothing and then again later with a blue light special(trying to look identical of course). In the first instance her clothes cost 10,000 and in the second instance they cost 100 but your eyes didnt know the difference so what do you care?

;)