[Kent said:]
> Which reminds me of something worthwhile -- http://www.freeke.org/ffg
> which is the portal to Dave Walker's freeform goodness live365 stream.
> As likely to hear Adult as Adam and the Ants as Seefeel as ... you name
> it.  Dave doesn't toot his own horn, but this sort of rampant eclecticism
> is a key component of what Detroit music is all about.

Right on Kent!  This is, over all, one of my favorite streams -- consistently
interesting!  Variety, plenty of Detroit representation, and a sense of humor.
The other day I was on and in the same hour or three you can hear Gas,
Stereolab, X-103, Gary Numan, Arab Strap, The Martian, Geto Boys, Ilkae,
NewOrder, CiM, Club 8, Astrobotnia, Camper Van Beethoven, Hab, Tom & Elis,
Monolake, Leonard Nimoy!?! and a host of indie bands I've never heard of before
and can't remember anyway.

In the spirit of Mojo, there's a subcurrent of the better B-side or album cut
you barely remember now, but in retrospect it's better than the single you knew
so well in the first place. And you can usually count on hearing some Drexciya
or Dopplereffekt during your stay.  The direct station page is
<http://www.live365.com/stations/20005>

It's "Genre free internet radio," but longtime 313'er D.W. takes the smart bets
wherever he finds them on the musical spectrum. If you're needing some tasty
side-dishes to your musical diet look no further.

peace,
Matt MacQueen