Remco Doorewaard wrote:
> Sorry to bother, but which (unknown) artists would you recommend on this
> festival (with a little description of the kind of music they play)?  I
> would like to hear some things that I've never heard before, because that's
> what festivals are about I guess......

> I read something about The Soft Pink Truth?

The Soft Pink Truth is Drew Daniel, who is half of Matmos (those 2 Bay Area
blokes that have been Bjork's backing band, among other things).  He has a
*wonderful* album out called "Do You Party?"  It's really sonically varied -
from the fractured Funk of "Soft Pink Missy" (my favorite track) to the
Ghettotech send-up of "Big Booty Bitches" to the Ladytron-meets-Kraftwerk
Electroclash of "Make Up" to the cut-up sampladelic "Coat Check".  One of
my favorite albums of this year and I'm really looking forward to his set
at Sonar.

Ob313: Where are all the meta-thoughts on the DEMF/Movement lineup?  No
       comments on the "For Tha Headz" nature of this year's festival?  Will
       the lack of big-name non-Detroit people cause attendance to drop (the
       "I-can-see-these-people-anytime" syndrome for locals; the
       "I-hardly-see-anyone-I-recognize" syndrome for people elsewhere)?
       Discuss.

        - Greg