On 5/9/03 1:26 PM, "Sylvia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Clear Channel, Direct TV, General Motors & a private investment group take
> combined $250 million stake in XM satellite radio (1999)
> Learn more at
> http://www.xmradio.com/newsroom/screen/press_release_1999_06_08.html another
> one http://www.digitalaudioguide.com/features/satellite_radio.htm
>
> And they still want me to believe that artists who will play at the festival
> cannot be paid because no sponsor has been seriously take a commitment???
> Calling all propaganders around, now you really really must have a deep
> think about where you are going to.......with that.......

I might be missing something, but what does corporate sponsorship of  XM in
1999 have to do with XM sponsoring Movement in 2003?  Surely there's no
conspiracy here.

Some guesses at the reasons for sponsoring XM: Direct TV potentially shares
infrastructure, GM is factory-installing satellite radio players, and Clear
is hedging it's bets on competing technology.  None of these companies has
anything to do with XM deciding to support the festival.  For XM, it's just
a good local marketing opportunity.

I just don't smell the rat here.
--
im