Don't know anything about Paris 68, but there is a mention
here of that notable "German" web site, technotourist.org  :)  :)

http://www.detnews.com/2003/entertainment/0305/16/e08-165888.htm

DJ duo strives to unify Detroit scenes

By Melody Baetens / Special to The Detroit News

These DJs, known as Paris '68, are on a mission to unite techno
and garage rock to help Detroit's hottest music unite fans.

DETROIT -- These days, there are two types of Detroit music that
is making waves nationally: techno and garage rock. And two DJs
who make up Paris '68, Walter Wasacz and Carleton S. Goulz, are
on a mission to unite the two genres and get the whole town dancing.
"We've got these great scenes, and this great music, but the two
scenes are not compatible," Wasacz says. "We see Paris '68 as the
conduit between the two, like stitching.
"Carleton and I seemed to be two of only a handful of people who
would start the night by seeing bands at the Magic Stick or Lager
House, then end it at a KMS, Transmat or M_nus party at The Works.
Rock people weren't dancing, we noticed, and dance people weren't
listening" [ . . . ]