I would like to see Detroit techno go back to the stark, aggressive Chicago
"jack" sensibilities of the late 80's - early 90's like with Funky Funk Funk
or
X-101.
The whole soulful techno sound is soft and lacking, the drum machine is what
gave the older Detroit classics that sound, so you can lay Rolandesque
strings and pads with portamento over a "conventional" house beat.
Of course I never really like Dan Curtain, Mogan Geist, the funk aspect to
the
music seemed a bit forced and fake.
faking the funk.