I think frogs & hail might have been a nice touch, particularly if concentrated in the area of the body surfers. People would have left thinking 'wow, that DJ sure is powerful'. lol

lisa

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
As a side note: I just read the Jeff Mills interview in the Spring 2003
Straight No Chaser and he said he enjoys or prefers to play to a mixed
crowd over a more "techno" audience, I would assume because he can play a
more diverse set without anyone saying negative things about him. There was
a recent discussion about this on his website as well.
Personally, I prefer diversity over strict "techno" and I enjoyed Mills'
set immensely. And the mixer failing is a lot better than hail, lightning,
and frogs coming from the sky. ;)

MEK

"Cyclone Wehner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED] To: 313 Detroit <313@hyperreal.org> il.com.au> cc: Subject: Re: (313) Jeff mills and richie at movement 06/08/03 06:46 AM

I really enjoyed it and, prior to getting back online, all I heard were
good
reports. Everyone enjoyed hearing the old hip-hop.
I think you have to take into account the context. I think as techno
fans/followers/purists/etc you have to take into account that you're a
minority at the festival. How many people there have any Axis records at
home?
He's playing to a large number of people in the main arena who have no idea
what 'techno' is. They may be kids who listen to 50 Cent in their rides,
rave to Tiesto, or their parents and came out of curiousity, or people who
know The Wizard, not Jeff Mills. That's not a good or bad thing, it's just
the reality. It's a challenge.
Of course it's going to be an 'intro to Jeff Mills 2003' of sorts. You're
just hearing one side of Jeff Mills, and if you go to Sonar, say, you'll
hear another side and another side again in a club. I think his approach
was
perfect.
It was hard to recreate the momentum after the mixer went, but I think he
did well.