The big Issue here is are we in a true state of an "Acid House Revival".....
I don't think so and I don't think we've ever seen one!! I love all of the
early 80's work i.e. Detroit Techno, Chicago House, New York Garage, Acid
and all the other one offs that made up the UK Acid House Scene. That is all
I've loved and I don't listen to anything else if I'm honest, cause I don't
"feel" it! I live very close to London have been to Back to 89 parties and
have been to where Placid plays real Old Acid Sets..... but it is very rare
that a club plays old "Acid House" sets. I also know that in Leeds a small
club opened and closed quite quickly cause of poor turn outs for old Acid.
Revival means reawakening and there is NO WAY that this beast has opened
it's eyes yet!!

The other point is just because I/anyone else choose to play "Acid House"
because I love it does not mean that I'm trying to start a revival. I just
want to let it be heard to a new generation... if 1000's of them think is
the best thing that they have ever heard and start wearing bright coloured
hooded tops and pom pom hats, dungarees and timberland and shouting
"Accciiieeedd!!!" at the tops of there voice, and carry it on for a year or
two, then maybe..... maybe, that's when Acid House will be awake once more!
Until then I think it's just being tickled.

I do hate revivals (sorry) -- it's just because I live in a *constant*
state of finding out about music that has been around for ages, and
should be celebrated. As a society we are sick with nostalgia, and while
it might be good in terms of celebrating artists who genuinely deserve
it, I just think revivals are a bit lame.

I read a great quote from Mad Mike a few years ago, someone asked him
about the electro revival, (now, which one? See?) and he said 'Electro
never went away.' I thought 'Too f*ckin right mate.'

Anyway, just my opinion!

Cheers,

Andrew

(PS. Is there a swear filter on 313? The last two tries at this didn't
work... I know there's been problems lately tho. Maybe the admins need
to look at their mailserver?)