I worked at a club for three years and we almost always used the Pioneer
600. That said, I don't like it. Its a so-so mixer, but I'd say it had a
fair deal of downtime (but remeber, this was a club, so it got a lot fo
use). One thing about the Pioneer is that it digitizes the signal. To my
untrained ear- it seemed like the Pioneer didn't have the saem full sound
as say the Rane-44 or Vestex PMC-50. But this was on a alrge system. I
doubt home use will make much difference. The third thing to think of is
how boring those Pioneer effects are. Perhaps not in the UK, but the
Pioneer is used by everyone in America, and thos effects don't have much
variety. ANd since everyone's used them over the past few years, they've
gotten kinda lame. The only person I know who can still trip me out with
Pioneer effects is Mike 'Agent X' Clark (detroit on-topic whut!!??).

If you're just playing around- i know there's a mixer out there with a
built in kaos pad. I've played with it twice and its a ton of fun.

Or buy an Allen and Heath or Vestex or Rane and just run the kaos pad or
whatever effects until along side of it.