Just watched the video of Akufen at SONAR. A question
for those who were there to witness his set:  What
happened at the end?  At the 33minute mark the sound
drops out and Marc looks frustrated; he appears to try
things with both laptops (he had two), yet no sound.
He then walks over to the side of the stage, talks to a
guy, then back to his laptops where it looks like he
was trying things before stopping; he then waves to the
crowd and then walks off the stage.  There's 4 minutes
of video with no sound (ie 33 minutes to 37 minutes
where the file ends).  Is there a problem with the
audio in the video for the last 4 minutes or did his
setup crash and he aborted his set at the 33minute
mark?  What strikes me as strange is that if he had two
laptops, if one had crashed, why did he not reboot that
and continue at the same time with the other laptop?  I
can't see how both could have crashed at the same time.
 And rebooting only takes about 2 minutes, whereas
there were 4 minutes of silence.  So maybe he intended
to do a 33 minute set and I just saw things
differently? Anyway, if someone who was there for the
actual set could clear this up, would be interested to
know what happened. Thanks. Andrew

out now: Environmental Politics http://and-oar.org
Take Nothing For Granted http://acidfake.tk
Sprung http://bip-hop.com
http://warprecords.com/mart/music/release.php?
cat=BLEEP12&fc_type=CD
*Canadian electronica album of the year nominee*
More Destructive Than Organized http://staalplaat.com
Highest Common Denominator http://pieheadrecords.com
Physical and Mental Health http://dialrecords.com
74'02 (split with Hypo) http://tsunami-addiction.com
Waveforms: Halifax Electronic Music Compilation
http://techno.ca/cognition