there are indeed going to be new tracks:

from Astralwerks
http://www.astralwerks.com/kraftwerk/default.html

"The album Tour de France Soundtracks will be released on August 19th and
features all-new recordings of the single Tour de Fance 2003 alongside
brand new compositions as well as a new version of their seminal electro
masterpiece "Tour de France" from 1983."

by the way - has anyone else had trouble trying to watch the TdF 03 video
today? did they take it down or has there just been that much traffic that
it won't download from the Kraftwerk website?

MEK

                      "ryan burns"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
                      ail.com>                  [EMAIL PROTECTED],
313@hyperreal.org
                                               cc:

                      07/10/03 04:24 PM        Subject:  Re: (313) Tour de
France LP

whats up everyone.  first of all i want to say the new kraftwerk 03 is
amazing!  who ever said it sounded like"lame basic channel" and should get
slaped in the face :)
my question is the Kraftwerk LP thats comming out going to be reworks of
older tracks.  has anyone heard the whole LP???  or is there going to be
some new goddies on it???

ryan burns

>From: Ian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: Dave Parsons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,   Brendan Nelson
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,   The Music Institute

><313@hyperreal.org>
>Subject: Re: (313) Tour de France 03 video
>Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:00:04 -0400
>
>On 7/10/03 10:30 AM, "Dave Parsons" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Did Juan also hear 'Planet Rock'?  as this was relased around the same
> > time as 'Alley's Of Your Mind' on Deep Space...  I don't know which one
> > was first.
>
>I believe Planet Rock was 1982, shortly after "Alleys".  A better
>inspiration for "Alleys" can be found in Ultravox's "Mr. X" from 1980.
>
>As I hear it, Afrika Bambaataa took inspiration more directly from
>Kraftwerk, and spawned dozens of imitators, defining the classic electro
>sound.  Pardon the pun, but it's influence may have even cycled back to
>Kraftwerk for Tour de France.
>
>Everyone of a certain age and an interest in dance music heard Planet
Rock.