This one's been beat to death, but I'll reiterate the single most important reason why you should get the Technics: that's what you'll be playing on when you do gigs. Period. Always. The clubs will have Technics. Maybe there's a club somewhere that doesn't but I've never heard about it.

--
Dennis DeSantis
www.dennisdesantis.com

Chris Anglesey wrote:
Hello 313 Peepz,

I've come into a bit of money (literally) and am looking to invest in a pair
of turntables; the question is what to go for, Technics or Vestax ?  I've
had SL1210's before and although they are reliable i've always been
disappointed by their lack of features.  I've heard good things about the
Vestax decks (e.g reverse function, plus/minus 16 capacity) but their seems
to be a big question surrounding how durable they actually are.  Apparently
Technics have just released a MK5 version as well (albeit minus a reverse
function).

Would be interested in hearing other peoples opinions.
Sorry if this one's slightly off-topic and if you've received
it a number of times (currently having problems with a new computer).

Chris