I have a pair of 1210MK5's, but haven't actually powered them up yet (waiting for my cartridges to be mailed to me).

As for these features... I can't comment on the sound quality yet, but I can't see any physical differences in the table vs. my old MK2's (mind you, they're not in front of me right now) other than the pitch reset button, recessed power switch, and place to hold a spare headshell...

There is no click/indent at zero pitch on the pitch slider too, of course...

The "Arm-end Scale for Quick Weight Setting" I think (!) is simply some marked lines (a scale) on the end of the arm itself, near the counter-weight, that you could use to set the weight more roughly than using the scale that is actually on the weight itself. I don't recall my 1200MK2's having this. But at any rate, I guess it is just another one of these extremely small changes that have been made to the table over the generations.

I have no idea what the "Stylus Kick Cancel and Anti-Skip" might be, but curious to know as well... I could find little information about the difference in the MK5's prior to purchasing them, but they were only about US$15 more than the MK2's, so what the hell?

The lids I had on my 1200MK2's were hinged to "attach" (via insertion) to the back of the turntable - the lids on my MK5's simply rest on top of the table and need to be picked up and placed somewhere else during use. This is probably nothing new though (?).

Supposedly these tables have a white LED instead of a bulb for the pop-up light? Maybe that was an 'innovation' long ago as well though?

And just so that no one is confused: The panasonic-europe may lead some to believe that the MK5 has +/- 16% pitch adjustment, but this is apparently not the case. I guess this is only for the MK5G, and they've not been very careful about how they've posted the information on their page. (The "Technical Specifications" button from the panasonic-europe page, that you can access by going to technics1210.com, http://www.panasonic-europe.com/technics/products/ product_detail.asp?range=dj , specifically lists "Total quartz locked continuous pitch adjustment +/-8% and +/-16%").

If I hear any dramatic difference in the sound when I play them, I'll be sure to post to the list ;)

Brent