I was thinking.

The origins of techno are pretty well documented right?
and we see, from what we read & hear, where some of the
sounds/ideas/structures come from.

e.g. 'No UFO's', or 'Sharevari', or 'Clear' all had electronic music come
out before them, from which you can deduce that certain ideas or whatever
were taken from. (P-Funk/Kraftwerk/Italo/Chicago/Disco)

But, I was thinking - what came before Italo Disco? where on earth did some
of those producers get some of their ideas from? It was early days, synths
and drum boxes were just coming on to the market, and were barely
affordable, but the prices were coming down.

Anyone know anything about this? I picked up a copy of that Vangelis
Bladerunner thing on the car boot sale yesterday, and its fairly clear that
the Italo 'Hypnosis' versions were covers/dancefloor remakes of this. So,
did the italo guys remake alot of stuff does anyone know? Did alot of their
ideas come form electronic classical/experimental stuff?

supposedly also Italy's 'cosmo' scene was pretty wild, someone said to me
they were doing/playing loads of wild stuff before Mr Hardy picked it up.
round about '79/'80/'81 onwards....

anyone know any more, or any info on the net anywhere? I'd be interested to
know.

ta!

Alex

behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers.

telecommunications systems. By replying to this e-mail you
give your consent to such monitoring