the Andres 12" on Mahogani is killing me... actually my favorite on the label so far, and that is saying a lot! Just last week I was going to send a mail to the list asking about a couple of the tracks on the Andres CD that weren't anywhere on any of the other vinyl releases I had. Well, here they are, finally dropped on vinyl. Every track on this 12" is good, w/ 2 versions of "Salvador de Bahia" if I recall correctly. I love this sound! Now I guess the tracks that were on the CD are also avail on LP? Is it a single or a double LP? I suppose if you got all the 12's as they came out though, the LP would be redundant... unless there's bonus tracks on it?

Also I can't stop playing Just One "U & I EP" on Rush Hour.. man brilliant deep garage-y mail vocal but in the spirit and with the depth of Round Two "New Day" on Main Street Records.. that's what I'd compare this to. Not as dub flavored, but with all that same feeling and expansiveness. The words earnest and are incredible IMHO and the parts they close to cut up and paste throughout the track are brilliant. One of the best vocal housey cuts this year IMHO, coming from someone who hears a lot but buys very few... this EP also has an old school Prescription-ey feel to it, yet the beats are different and fresher than most similar house, not formula!

Finally the Trip Do West 12" on Rhythmix has 4 great cuts incl. a real deep dub-influenced techno smoothie by Chateau Flight, but other cuts on it are cool too. 4 tracks total by 4 different artists.

peace
Matt MacQueen