>> I did buy the Pavel Kostuik (sp?) 'mini-LP' though -  buy on sight. Also
>> Mute, 'Direct Cuts' EP on Running Back. Now *that* is a real
>Detroit groove,
>> albeit via Frankfurt am Main!

>I can definitely second the Mute recommendation: excellent, excellent
>record. But I'll have to disagree with it being "a real Detroit groove",
>it sounds a lot more Chicago (think Ron Trent, et al) than Detroit to
>me.

Oh, I stand by my idea of it sounding 'Detroity'! I corresponded with his
label for a review. He is a Detroit head. Although I admit, *sounding* like
Detroit is in the ear of the beholder.

>I've had no luck yet at finding that Pavel Kostiuk LP, anybody know how
>limited it is?

Perhaps too limited for any copies to reach NZ on their own. Contact Vinyl
Junkies quick:

http://www.vinyl-junkies.co.uk/