dr. funkenMAC wrote:

>yeah these Elevate records are pretty special, not
>very many total --
>and ALL of them are good.   They just kind of leaked
>out when they were
>released without much fanfare, so not everyone knew
>about how great
>they are.  The tracks have just the right amounts of
>all essential
>elements, but never too much going on... the essence
>of a groove.
>peace,
>Matt MacQueen

I concur with mr. macqueen...these records were
classic...wish dan would release more of this stuff...
there were 6 elevates altgether:

elvsp 1 Elevate Special Projects - The Symphony
elvsp 2 Dan Bell - Subterranean

el 001 Theo Parish - Baby Steps
el 002 Rick Wade - Night Trackin
el 003 Lo Soul - Open Door
ELVSP1/ELV 004 KB Project

theo later re-released his 12" on sound signature and
dan re-released The symphony with 2 other wicked
b-side cuts "Nothing Can Stop You" and "Feel It" which
if memory serves correct sampled herbie h.

at one point I think Dan was going to re-lease music
on yet another Accelerate sub-label called Blip,
anyone have any info on this r if Dan will start
releasing music again soon via 7th city or Accelerate?

minto