From: Michael Long [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2003 11:59 AM
To: Redmond, Ja'Maul; 313@hyperreal.org; Stephen Burd
Subject: RE: (313) C.D. Boycott.

Very informative site

http://www.boycott-riaa.com/

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Redmond, Ja'Maul [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2003 9:13 AM
To: 313@hyperreal.org; Stephen Burd

I already have people wanting to put there name on a list .:)

I love it,,BUT

 actually what I would like to do, Is to send a very informative e-mail
including what the RIAA is doing and their Justification and Why as
consumers we shouldn't alow it. And then set a date where we would stop
purchasing c.d.s. We then can either send the e-mail to all of our friends
and/or start small boycotts within our individual cities. Also we will send
a copy to the RIAA with our intentions spelled out.

I will defintetly start it here in Charlotte N.C. and to people I know
through e-mail.

If you feel that the RIAA is justified, then that's o.k. No one forces a
boycott. But I just believe if that 30% c.d.sales drops to  40% or even 50%
things will change.

Now I heard the riaa was going to stop it anyway because of the
counter-suit. But I can't find where that is actually a fact. CNN and I
think Mixmag reported it. But the head of the RIAA has not made an official
announcement saying the same thing.

Ja'Maul Redmond

PERKINS & WILL

1100 South Tryon Street, Suite 300