Sounds like it wasn't quite as exciting as the Paxahau party, but Theo
played another wicked set at Plastic People on Saturday. Not the best I've
seen him, but I danced my ass off for about 3 hours. Left around 3 to get up
to no good (there was still a line outside). Not sure what followed that.

He played one song that sounded like what I expect to hear in 2005. Could
only have possibly been Theo or Pepe Braddock off of CD-R. The production
was so clean I doubt it was Theo. It had some dirty, thick hi-hats, a big
kick, spare, funky bassline and strings so enormous they make Deep Burnt
sound like the first step on 32 flights to heaven. The strings were clearly
not a sample tweaked - it either had to be a bigger sample that had been cut
into 3 or 4 bar burst, with really developed chord changes, or it could have
been something someone wrote. I have no idea what it could've been but it
was nuts! Anyone have any ideas? It was severely jaw-dropping for the whole
dancefloor.

Tristan
=======
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk