----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 7:47 PM
Subject: Re: (313) st germain

> Stephen,
>
> I would say check out Ludovic Navarre the guy behind St Germain and the CD
only (?) release From Detroit To St. Germain. Or some of the other Fcom
artists like Llorca

Yeah. That's a very good start. What have you heard? If you heard the album
on Blue Note, then these are some very good recommendations, although I hear
a bit more Chicago and a little less east coast or France in their earlier
releases. Since St. Germain are pretty bluesy, they are a bit hard to
compare to other artists. On the one hand you have an enormous world of
jazzy house not far off, but I suspect you're aware of that and into their
unique style. If so, it seems like perhaps you're less interested in similar
sounds than similar quality, and if that's the case there is an enormous
load of amazing house to be discovered and it would be very hard to make
recommendations for that broad of an area. Perhaps you are specifically
interested in bluesy house? If so, that could make a really interesting
thread, because there isn't an enormous load of it that I'm aware of - at
least not of any notable quality. I think it's really hard to do well. If
you can find the Blue Boy 12" on Guidance that preceeded 'Remember Me', with
'Need It', that's a nice comparison to the Chicago blues/house sound I hear
in their earlier releases.

If you're just into high quality house with a jazzy sensibility that isn't
overcome with its own noodle, then this is a good place to find suggestions,
but probably not the most topical place for this thread. If so, you could
always check the DHP board at http://www.deephousepages.com for all the
suggestions you could ever want and more. There's a disturbingly informed
and active group there.

Tristan
=======
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk