From: innercity [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 10:12 AM
To: Phonopsia; Dan Bean; McAllister, Nic
Cc: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) orbit

it's a real shame cos i've had the best nights of my life in that place.
plus 8 held their first party in the uk there, mills played only his 2nd gig
ever in the uk at orbit then proceeded to rock the place many more times
until he saw his arse in 98, ur held a party back in 92ish with alan oldham,
sven vath's been pretty much a resident for 11+ years holding many of his
birthday parties there along with some classic harthouse and omen nights.
daft punk played long before anyone knew who they were as did underworld,
autechre, lfo, speedy j and too many more. claude young played his first
ever (and only?) live set at orbit one new year after turning up the
previous new year (not booked) with a bag of records begging to play!
derrick may once got a taxi from london to drive the 200+ miles just so he
could play for the final 20 minutes. the list is pretty much endless and i
could waffle for hours but i've got work to do.....

Note:

Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent
those of Channel Four Television Corporation unless specifically stated. This
email
and any files transmitted are confidential and intended solely for the use of
the
individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this
email in
error, please notify [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thank You.