after the blinding Send night last friday, I caught 15 mins of pete tong at
turnmills and thought that after all the discussion about him playing techno
tunes, ppl might be interested in what he was playing.  when I came in he
was playing one of the star tracks tunes by technasia, not sure that I knew
the names of any of the other tunes, but I was actually quite impressed -
the tunes were all soild loop based techno tunes very similar to the kind
you might hear at a richie hawtin, dave clarke or trevor rockliffe night.
When I danced past the dj booth I saw him and someone else in there, barely
moving at all, and his mixing was very safe and without risks and his eq'ing
was of the 4 bars with no bass, then press the kill switch again type, very
uninspiring, but so far as I could tell the crowd was loving it, all the
podium dancer wannabes and posturing ben sherman blokes seemed happy and
everyone was dancing.  so although I don't see pete tong as having any
insight into techno at all, he was making the crowd, who most likely were
waving their arms about to 10 minute long euphoric trance and hard house
breakdowns last year, move to half decent techno tunes.

doesn't compare to the send night tho! that rocked!! :)

matt

.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]