alex is always askin for new vinyl...well I got some
for you mate! ;)

Dan Curtin "Dead of Night vol. 2" Native
A return to the Dan Curtin releases we love. This one
has a POFF feel along with his classic META sound as
well. It includes a rabblerouser remix off the cut he
did on the previous Native Sampler comp. the big
dancefloor cut is "In and out of Space" dope use of
samples cutup and with a deep groove.

M>O>S "Goddess/Razor" MOS

This man's work is just bliss...Aroy Dee as he goes by
just drops deep record after deep record. I like this
one as much as the NWAQ record and it gives me a
feeling I used to have when I heard Transmat records
for the first time.

other choice records in the last few weeks:

Domu & Volcov on Residual

UNAI 12" on Forcetracks (don't usually go for this
stuff but this guy does it well)

John Tejada "Toiling of Idle Hands" LP on Immigrant
(old stuff from John but I kinda dig it)

Recloose 12" on Rush Hour
Kemetic Just 12" on Rush Hour

can't wait to hear the new stuff on Headspace. reviews
soon.

And now for the review of the down low party in
Dallas. JT and I had an excellent time with Antal &
Christiaan of Rush Hour this past wknd. The party went
off well and we pulled it off Mancuso stylo! The venue
was an old cathedral renovated into a 3 story loft.
Things like this don't happen in Dallas anymore so we
had to do it very low-key promoting the event word of
mouth since the city shuts down everything at 2am and
if you want to go late till 4, you have to have a late
night permit. We wanted to get out of the bar/club
environment and go back to a vibe of old times. party
started around 8pm with local djs of the MVM Records
camp and then a classics set by Luke Sardello of Icon.
next up was Rick Simpson of dL rockin us with an
electro and classic techno/house set everything from
Anthony Rother to Adonis and beyond. Antal came on
next and wowed us with a deep selection of UR's high
tech jazz to $tinkworx's italo mix of "mischa"...the
local folks were really getting down on the dancefloor
at this point and then Brett Johnson came on next with
his vocalist Dave Barker on the mic and guitar. He
performed his first LIVE PA which he will be taking on
the road soon to France and other places in Europe. It
was a great set with Dave's vocals and guitar licks
really highlighting the set along Brett's funky, weird
housetronics. After BJ, Christiaan came on and killed
it...droppin everything from Tres Demented to Liquid
Liquid, YMO, Yello and 69 to White Stripes and
Radiohead. An amazing eclectic set straight from gut.
Ill76 and Maetrik closed out the night around 5am with
sets of minimal german techno and classic Detroit
stuff. All in all a great party with a magical vibe.
wish you all could have been here to witness it. no
attitude plenty of room to dance and just smiling
faces all over the room. great night...hopefully we
can do it again!

minto