----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Bean" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Blackman, Ryan (UKEKT)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2003 4:16 PM
Subject: Re: RE: (313) lost 22-11-03 (was: RE: (313) London 313 Party - DJs)

> Anyone been to The Egg yet?
>
> What's it like?
>
> Do they actually have a chillout room of any description?

The Egg is a pretty cool venue, but on most nights I hear its been a bit
Hoxtonized - it was at the Haywire I attended anyway. The upstairs is cool.
It's kind of like a chalet attic, with angled ceilings, and lots of seating.
The main floor is kind of squareish, with really busy lights. That was a bit
over-the-top for me, but nothing that couldn't be tamed in different hands.
The best bit (meeting your chillout criteria) is the astroturfed patio area
(which may be a bit cold if this weather continues into the crapness it
seems to be heading into today) - but it's definitely a place you could head
to have a break, a smoke - whatever. The review above probably highlights
too many negatives without doing justice to the positives, but that night I
went I was on the wagon and was really not in the mood for 140-150 bpm
Weatherall electro and a lengthy series of night buses - should have stayed
home. That said, Rick Hopkins played a wicked set to start the night. Also,
I would much rather head to Lost @ The Egg than Heaven, or Hell (Canary Warf
;), especially at 2:30.

Tristan
=======