Has anyone heard Rolando's mix (it's a CD, right?) as a part of that whole Night:Life series on NRK? How is it? I like the idea of hearing him do a mix CD that isn't exclusively UR-related releases... to really see him reach out with selections into house, etc.

Liked it a great deal. It's quite similar to his current playing out set, which is as you described - mixing in a bit of house and electro. Builds nicely and quite involving + a distinct lack of obviousness or cheese in terms of mixing style or tunes. Definitely worth checking out.

On a similar vein, someone I work with recently asked me to recommend a mix that might serve as a good introduction to detroit techno. This person is into house of a quite respectable kind (i.e. not the stuff peddled by Jules/Lottie/etc.

I was going to suggest Rolando's mix, though it's not overtly 313 (many tracks from elsewhere). Can anyone recommend a mix on the web that I can point him to (maybe something on the deep house page?) that is vaguely contemporary (from last 10 years?) but captures the rawness and soul of the 313 sound? Anything touched by the hand of Juan Atkins would be good (for me to listen to as well).

Thanks!

Dan.