Those 'Detroit Calling' CDs cover a nice selection of Detroit techno.

                    "David

                    Gillies"             To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]       cc:     313@hyperreal.org

                    om>                  Fax to:

                                         Subject:     Re: (313) Rolando mix on
NRK + help needed
                    10/11/2003

                    12:30

[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> or, maybe that carl craig one that came out a while back? that had
> b-52's/Model 500/Sharevari etc on? can't remember if it had loads of
> techno
> on though. I can't remember the name! not the react one, although maybe
> that one would be OK?

That's not a mix, a cd that Carl Craig compiled. Its part of the Abstract
Funk Theory series, which also had compilations by people like Ian
O'brien, Freddy Fresh and others. I really liked the Obrien and C2 comps.

The React compilation (The Workout) is pretty good, but not really a
comprehensive Detroit mix really. A better pick I think would be the Juan
Atkins "Master Mix". No real masterful mixing, but its a pretty solid
selection of Detroit tracks from Sharevari through to the Pace by Rob
Hood. I'd recommend that one.

For a Submerge perspective, I reckon Rolando's Aztec Mystic mix is
essential. I also think that DJ Bone's Subject Detroit Vol.2 is pretty
wicked as well.