Hi all, well for those who asked we've been back broadcasting live on the
net in real audio for the last 2 months, without my knowledge!!!!
check it out at http://www.isis.ie/xfm/live.ram when we're live from 8 - 10pm GMT on Sundays or if you're misty-eyed about DeFocus records folding
then reminisce
at http://www.isis.ie/xfm/defocus.ram

Chillage Idiots ::: XFM 107.9 Ireland ::: Sundays 20.00 - 22.00
Playlist ::: 02.11.2003 :::

Luke Vibert: "I Love Acid" [YosePh lp] Warp
Stasis: "Point of No Return" [Past Moments lp] Peacefrog
Larry Heard: "Reminisce" (Kaito Vocal Remix) Lifeline Records
Chris Liebing: "Dark Matter" [Evolution lp] CLR
Lackluster: "08/01/01" [Showcase lp] M3rck
Plaid: "Cedar City" [Spokes lp] Warp
Fisk Industries: "Last Flight Sonic" (edit) [The Isle of Wight ep]
Highpoint
Lowlife
Plastikman: "Mind in Rewind" [Closer lp] NovaMute
Tim Koch: "Dry Bones" (live at Frigid) [Islandtones lp] U-Cover
Isolee: "Lost" [Can't Sleep All Night ep] Playhouse
LFO: "Monkey Lips" [Sheath lp] Warp
Silicon Scally: "The Love Inside" [Mr. Machine lp] Scsi-Av
Cylob & Astrobotnia: "Electroworks" [Cylobotnia lp] Rephlex
Mick Chillage: "Night Vision" [unreleased] Cdr

all the best,
Paul Chillage
Has anyone heard any of their radio shows? I've followed the link to the DeFocus Records show (above) and found that it includes an interview with our own 313-er CiM (even though he hasn't posted to the list in a while). Also, the tracklist from the above-listed show looks tasty to say the least (a track by Stasis here, Larry Heard there), with Plaid sounding quite broken beat-y (or is it drum'n'bass-y?) and although a bit colder perhaps than some of Titonton Duvante's tracks, the drum tracks and percussion sounds on their new album remind me a lot of the of Shake's or Derrick May's work; perhaps it's due to their energy and even melancholy on some tracks (especially with Cedar City, which reminds of the nostalgic melody of "Winter on the Boulevard" from the Innovator LP. Plaid's new album also sounds similar to Anthony Shakir's more recent work (Mr. Shakir's Beat Store Ep on Klang, for example, especially the tracks "untitled" or "the pinger" from that EP, or Lay back from the Convalescence EP). And while all of these artists have their own distinct style that sets them apart from the others, while the energy and flow of their music has a similar underlying emotional/sonic quality. Which brings me to this: Can an artist be considered Detroit (or simply techno) ONLY if he or she uses the classic Detroit instruments and melodies/style or is it more about the energy that the music carries?