nice reviews tristan, thanks.

><rant>A lot of people seem to be getting really lazy with their Theo
>Parrish/Moodymann comparisons. There is a whole lot more Detroit house out
>there than those two, and while I love them, the overuse of them as 'style
>markers' is becoming nearly epidemic! Apologies for the rant, it's just
that
>it's almost like these two fellas have become marketing icons in the
>underground, and it cheeses me off a bit to see a record like the above
>lazilly lumped in with them when it clearly sounds a whole lot more like
>NJB.</rant>

Yes. I agree! although, I presume record shops do this to try and sell more
records (or is that what you're saying). For example, MM and Theo Parrish
way out sell most 'underground' stuff, so I guess shops use them as
comparisons in the hope that the hundreds who buy their records might get
on something less well known.

Must be frustrating though for some record shop people. For example, I know
heads into electronica who will buy every theo parrish/moodymann record
going, but they wouldn't touch other 'deep house' records, or garage
records with a barge-pole. or any of the disco re-issues for that matter..
(which I find quite funny really). Imagine, you've got a great record you
want to push and try and sell a few copies of, and people keep knocking it
back cos it ain't from detroit or whatever. frustrating.

alex

behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers.

telecommunications systems. By replying to this e-mail you
give your consent to such monitoring