----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Mitchell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "/0" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Michael Mitchell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2003 10:19 PM
Subject: Re: (313) the funky 808 drummer

> opening a can of worms with that comment...have you seen mills play live
> on a 909??....but yea they are both way beyond most anyone when it comes
> to programming a 909...lets just say they are both VERY good at what they
> do....;-)

Agreed. And Hood is even better (joke - ummm sorta ;)).

In terms of productions (or live for that matter), for my drum programming
peso, I will take Titonton. From the early 21/22 stuff through today, his
swing has always hit me hardest. Not to take anything away from that, but
I'm not really counting people who use drum loops prominently, so people
like Carl Craig, Dan Curtin and Mills have already been chucked out the
window. That's my interpretation of MEK's question anyway...

Tristan
=======
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk
[EMAIL PROTECTED]