----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas D. Cox, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 3:14 AM
Subject: Re: (313) Stuff I Passed On

> recently it
> seems to be the concensus of people i chill with all the time that
> broken beat is best mixed up with other genres, and i feel like it
> might be because theres just not enough stellar material to play
> unless you dig out every anthem or semi anthem the scene has
> produced.

Agreed 100% with all that, and the stuff above it that I snipped out. Even
'Got Me Puzzled' (which I think is wicked) has not really found its way into
many of my sets lately. Mostly just Domu stuff, and Titonton, but they're
really doing their own things, and Domu might even be getting a bit similar
to himself, but I'm just not sick of it yet.

> >Someone please yell at me if any of these are grave mistakes -
> before it's
> >too late! ;)
>
> i feel you on your passes. i hope youre feeling that new mahogani
> more than when you picked it up. that tune is year end top 10
> material for sure. what a beautiful record.

Yeah. It has grown on me, but I'm not sure that I'd rate it quite that high
personally. I just think it's really nice and definitely beautiful - but
maybe it's just not different enough from the pack to really knock my socks
off. I'll definitely be playing it for a while though. No complaints with it
really. :)

> and i picked up that
> ron trent rmx of the amp fiddler, and while its probably my least
> favorite amp related record thus far, its still pretty nice.

Thought this sounded nice too - but just not different enough from the
standard Ron Trent style to justify a purchase. Think I'm going through a
'bought too many records in the last three months and want something really
distinct' phase maybe.

Tristan
=======
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk