----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Phonopsia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 11:51 PM
Subject: Re: (313) Speaking of Derrick May...

> "he's just signed a deal to host the DEMF (Detroit Electronic Music
> Festival) for the next 5 years"

tristan-

what's your source on this?

(just being a good journalist)
<<<

Maybe not clear from the first post, I wrote 'note this bit in the
announcement!' - which meant the promo bit for the party (below). The info
was originally posted here:
http://www.dustscience.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1007 and their website is
http://www.retroverts.com, although that won't help you much since their
party next weekend is currently listed on the site. If memory serves, you
may be able to contact them at [EMAIL PROTECTED] which I think goes to
either Ben Sims or one of the other folks that help him organize these
nights. I would imagine one of them wrote the promo blurb (although perhaps
this DEMF bit was not supposed to be announced yet???). That be all I know.
Hope it helps, kind sir!

> SPLIT "THE NEXT LEVEL" LAUNCH PARTY!!
> SATURDAY 7TH FEBRUARY 2004
>
> Turnmills. 63B Clerkenwell Road, London. EC1
> Capacity: 1000. Info: 020 7250 3409. Tube: Farringdon. 10pm - 7am
> £12 in Advance // £15 on the Door
> Tickets: www.ticketweb.co.uk. Web: www.turnmills.com
>
> Room 1:
> Derrick May (3 hour set)
> Surgeon
> Oliver Ho (Live)
> Ben Sims
> Chris Finke
>
> Room 2
> Chicken Lips
> A Guy Called Gerald
> Mark Broom & Paul Mac
> Aidy West
> Tony Anderson
>
> Turnmills goes Techno on Saturday 7th February 2004 with the launch of
> Split - one of our most exciting nights yet. Split is the partnership
> between Retro_Vert and Flux, and having showcased their own parties in
> London for a while, they're now taking the night to the next level with
this
> exclusive new Turnmills residency.
>
> The legendary Derrick May will play his first solo London gig in 18 months
> to launch this very special event. Together with contemporaries like Juan
> Atkins, Kevin Saunderson, Carl Craig and Jeff Mills, May galvanized a
> worldwide generation of minds that listened and learned the secret of
> Techno. His Transmat label has been a genre leader for many years, he's
just
> signed a deal to host the DEMF (Detroit Electronic Music Festival) for the
> next 5 years and he joins hosts Ben Sims (Retro_Vert) and Chris Finke
> (Flux).
>
> Surgeon (at the moment preparing new 'British Murder Boys' and 'Surgeon"
> material), and Oliver Ho (playing live) complete the main room billing
> having rocked Split events in recent times, whilst the backroom welcomes
top
> headliners Chicken Lips and A Guy Called Gerald alongside Split residents
> Mark Broom, Paul Mac, Aidy West and Tony Anderson.
>
> The SPLIT parties also boast a tight VJ line up on rotation, with
headliner
> residents such as Exceeda, Usagi (Organix), D-Fuse, SanFrandisco,
Kameiflage