From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>all fair points matt.
>
>i guess i'd rather read about crazed culture with music as a
>secondary.
>
>hence my love for lester bangs, hunter thompson, ect....

those guys are fantastic for sure. and i do believe that mr
reynolds does love music in and of itself as well as writing about
it in its context. the idea that i think hes going for is that he
wants to write about the culture as it exists, from the inside.
thats a very forward thinking thing to do IMO, right up there with
jeff mills making a documentary on something that is still with
us. it will help people understand things better once they
disappear. some things can easily be conveyed using a historical
writing type perspective. but can you really explain hardcore's
chart potential without understanding the culture behind it in the
UK at the time? and no one can write better about that culture
than someone who was there and participated.

tom

andythepooh.com