----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Kraemer Ellis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Phonopsia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Scott K Ellis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
<313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 1:46 AM
Subject: (313) Alton Miller

> Just got a new (old--'97) Alton Miller record today
> called 'Jazzin' It Up EP' on M3. Record Time had numerous
> sealed copies. This record is just plain nice from start to
> finish.  Really great tracky disco dance floor fodder on the
> A side, a fast, dubby bongo piece on B1, and finally some
> slower hard house on B2 with a trippy vocal sample. The
> instrumentation throughout is minimal and very well done.
> What other AM stuff is out there and available that I've
> been missing out on?

Can't agree more. This is one of my favorite Alton Miller release. My copy
is nearly unplayable now... You should definitely hunt down his 12" on
Planet E http://www.discogs.com/release/11351, another on Distance (can't
recall the title right now - doesn't seem to be listed on Discogs, but I
vaguely recall one of the songs was called "Stella's Groove" or
something??? - that could be totally wrong. I'm fairly sure it has three
tracks, one of which loops up the vocal from Dajae's 'Day by Day'), and
'Pressure Drop' on Fragile as Aphrodisiac is amazing. His latest release on
Moods and Grooves was also rather nice, but not quite as dancefloor-useful
http://www.discogs.com/release/43128, and I think he did one other M&G
before that which has a track called 'Africa' or something. That one was
farely nice, but not essential.

Tristan
=======
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk