At 04:02 pm +0000 15/12/03, Tom Churchill wrote:
 >> i like the first one (strangely cat # 00) by "artist unknown"

 > is that the one by "!!!"?

The 'Me And Giuliani Down By The School Yard (A True Story)' track on the !!! 12" is awesome! It originally came out on Touch&Go (home of bands like the Jesus Lizard!) before being licensed by Warp. I'm not normally a big fan of the new punk/funk crossover stuff since it tends to fall a bit short in both areas, but this track is actually deserving of the highly overused 'funky' tag. I find it v. hard to keep still when this is on.

No, that's a different release, on Warp proper. I'm told the Rakim cutup on
Arcola 000 is by the Finnish guy who also does the Brothomstates stuff on
Warp; the flip is a Prince cutup by Dub Kult...

Agreed with JT that the Louis Digital is the best one so far...

There's also a Dennis Rusnak 12" (ARC002) which has its moments.

D.