cheers,
mtrbrt

///all lists in no particular order///

#10 albums of the year#

lawrence - absence of blight (dial)
jaylib - the red (stones throw)
moodymann - silence in the secret garden (peacefrog)
arthur verocai - dito (re-released on luv'n'height)
i:cube - 3 (versatile)
triosk meets jan jelinek - '1+3+1'(~scape)
dudley perkins - in unconditional love (tape)
the detroit experiment - lp (planet e)
villalobos - alcachofa (playhouse)
yesterday's new quintet - stevie vol.1 (white)

#10 compilations and mix-cds of the year#

fabriclive 12 mixed by bugz in the attic (fabric 024p)
the selector series vol 2 mixed by dego (goya cd 002)
fabriclive 13 mixed by michael mayer (fabric 025p)
rima - rebel soul from a deep galaxy (japan only release)(pp004cd)
va - superlongevity three (perlon 036lp)
charles webster - remixed on the 24th of july (peacefrog)
va - motorbrots deeptroit (promo)
jazzanova - remixed (jcr)
MEG - mgrmx (joint Records)
villalobos - taka taka (cocoon)

#30 12inches of the year#

dj koze - the gekloeppel continues (kompakt)
mu - let's get sick (tigersushi)
mia - galang (showbiz)
roger franck - mascarade (versatile)
pitch black city feat. roberta sweed - runaway (mahogani)
andres - salvador de bahia (mahogani)
moodymann - shattered dreams (peacefrog pp #1)
theo parrish - ugly edits #3
theo parrish - solitary flight (sound signature 016)
theo parrish - natural aspirations ep (sound signature 018)
robert hood - omega (peacefrog pp #2)
irfan - just a little lovin'(sonar kollektiv)
sirius mo - sirius ep (sonar kollektiv)
alison david - dreams (afronaught rmx) (goya music)
kv5 - you know this feat. lyric l (prolifica)
ty - wait a minute (big dada)
only child - you bring me vibes (grand central)
marcus enochson feat. e-man - i am the road (bugz in the attic rmx)
(MAW)
john starlight and the kitbuilders - blood angels (superstar recordings)
wighnomy brothers - untitled (wb 001 promo)
metaboman - eine Schwalbe macht noch lange keinen Sommer ep (musik
krause)
metaboman - rausgeflogen ep (musik krause)
henrik schwarz - jon (sunday music)
henrik schwarz - supravision ep (mood music)
henrik schwarz - chicago ep (mood music)
richard davis - EP (240 Volts)
calibre - signature #2
max sedgley - happy (irmaoncanvas)
beatlejuice - blackbird/all you need is love (white)
ben mono - plastic passion rmxs (compost)

#10 remixes of the year#

heiko voss - think about you (dj koze and adolf noise rmxs) (kompakt pop
003)
meg - kouro (theo parrish rmx) (joint records)
jaydee - spastic dreams (steve bug rmx#2) (white)
harold melvin and the blue notes - the love i lost (theo parrish ugly
edits #2)
chi-lites - are you my woman (tell me so) (mr. k edit) (white)
nas - heaven (blackbeard rework) (white)
raphael saadiq - skyy, can you feel me (yam who rework) (yam 003)
n'dambi - call me (yam who re-edit) (dam 001)
only child - u bring me vibes feat. amp fiddler (dj dsl remix) (grand
central)
only child - find a way (yam who remix) (grand central)

#newcomer of the year#

henrik schwarz

new to me and to many others, this guy from southern germany (now
berlin) is in his mid 30es an not really a newcomer. he released the
best lo-fi house tunes on a moodymann/theo kinda vibe this year. his
first ep, entitled "supravision ep" (mood music 016) comes with a 100bpm
slow groover called marvin, based on gaye's "i want you". essential.
also recommended: "chicago ep" (mood music 023) and "jon" (sunday music
001).

#producer of the year#

madlib

i know some say he can't play his instruments..., but he's definetely
mr. workaholic with the best beats. jaylib lp was stunning, the mf
doom/madlib, which promos are flying around for a long time and it's
still to be released yet, is amazing, his dj rels broken beat 12inch on
stones throw was superb and many more ...(shades in blue, stevie wonder
re-edits as yesterday's new quintet). unbelievable output in 2003.

#radioshow of the year#

deviation on bbc1xtra hosted by benji b

#movie of the year#

city of god