On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Greg Earle wrote:
> Thomas D. Cox, Jr. wrote:
> > Subject: Re: (313) tonight in detroit/glambient with clark warner

> > From: "Derek Plaslaiko." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> >> epirimental/ambient/mowtown/anythingrelaxing
> >
> > what is "mowtown"? sounds interesting.
>
> It's that new Iowa City/Detroit hybrid Cowtown/Motown crossover shizzle.
>
> I hear it's been primarily spread by Terrence Parker ...

Yer talkin crack now, Earle.  Mowtown refers to Derek's summer job, mowing
lawns.

And re: TP: Tired: Chicago House Wired: Detroit House.

I know that this is the 313 list and all, but it sure seems like Chicago
House is nowheresville, and Detroit House is shaking folks up!

TP in IC NYE:
http://www.psychiatry.uiowa.edu/~kent/lj_images/tpnye
http://odie.its.uiowa.edu/~siverson/new_years/index.html